Greetings all mountain biking enthusiasts!
The Burns Lake Trails are beginning to see tire tracks, and we couldn't be more excited after the long drawn out winter.
All trails are now OPEN!!!
Please watch out for downed trees, volunteers are trying to clear trails as soon as they are accessible but please watch out as there has been some VERY high winds recently and there are a lot of downed trees out there.
Here's some upcoming events to be aware of:
- Project trails has begun with the students from Lakes District Secondary School putting time into trail maintanence and development (Monday May 6th)
- Gearing up for bike camp beginning May 22nd, pre-register at Burnt Bikes. See our Bike Camp page for more details
- Continued construction of the Stearns Creek trail will get underway as soon as access can be made. If you haven't ridden the trail from the bike park to end of Long Lake yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. You can ride all the way to the main hydro line and either double back or take the hydro line back to Kager Lake. This season will see the completion of the trail to the top of Boer, which will truly be EPIC.
- Big Pig is a ways off but we are making plans and getting things organized, this being the 6th running of the Big Pig Bike Fest and its going to be off the hook, stay tuned for updates as they happen.
- Wednesday Workbees will begin in 2 weeks time, which is always a good time.
That's all the latest, come back as this page will be changing and updated as things happen.